With as little as $500, you can start earning some of the best returns around on your STCU certificate.
- Dividends compounded monthly.
- Additional deposits of $25 per month or more allowed on most certificates.
- Automatic rate hike if your balance grows to a higher tier.
- Terms range from one to 60 months.
- Can be opened as an IRA.
- Federally insured.
Rates as high as 2.02% APY*
(Terms range from one to 60 months.)
STCU members can open a certificate right now!
- Click the button above to log into online banking.
- Click the "Accounts" tab, then the "Add account" button to open your new account.
- Click on the "Certificates" tab and select the certificate you want.
- Select the term (months or years) of your certificate.
- Choose whether to fund your certificate from existing STCU funds or from deposits held at other financial institutions.
- Enter the amount you want to invest an agree to the terms.
Bump up your savings!
Worried rates will change next month? Open an STCU Bump-Rate Certificate with just $2,000 and take one rate hike during the term.
Ladder your certificates
"Ladder" your certificates to get the best rate advantage, while reserving access to a portion of your savings.
How it works: Open a new certificate every, say, three months to create a "ladder" of investments instead of one lump sum. That smooths over ups and downs of the market, catching higher rates when the markets go up and reducing your exposure when rates go down. Meanwhile, you can still withdraw a certificate every 90 days, if needed, without penalty.
New to STCU?
Join STCU online and open your certificate. (Membership fee is waived when you join online. More)
You can also join the credit union by visiting the STCU branch location nearest you.
Need help setting up your account? Call or with an STCU member service representative during regular business hours.
*APY = annual percentage yield. The "as high as 2.02% APY" can be earned on a 60-month certificate, with $2,000 minimum opening deposit. Rates are accurate as of the last dividend declaration date and may change after the account opens. Minimum balance may apply. Penalty for early withdrawal. Fees could reduce earnings.