Membership fee for students 18 and older is $5; under 18, membership is free. Membership fees also are waived for employees of Community Business Partners.
Rewards of membership
- Ownership stake - STCU is a not-for-profit cooperative, where every member is an owner. Ownership has its advantages...such as attractive rates, lower fees, and personalized service. Every time you use a service at STCU, you're paying yourself.
- The credit union difference - Banks serve stockholders who demand a return on their investment, but STCU is a cooperative with a volunteer Board of Directors who set policy direction with members in mind.
- Shared branching account access - As a participant in the shared branching network, STCU offers members access to thousands of credit unions across the country. In addition, you have surcharge-free access to thousands of ATMs where you can use your STCU debit card.
- Convenience - From free online banking to surcharge-free ATMs and our helpful member service representatives, you'll appreciate the numerous convenience services at STCU.
- Financial service - If you have questions about your financial future, talk () to STCU's knowledgeable staff about the options available to you.
- Custom-fit financing and savings - Whatever your needs for financing and savings, STCU will tailor your accounts and funds to fit your lifestyle and your goals.
- Insured deposits/financial stability - Your deposits are federally insured to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration.
You can become a member of the largest credit union in the Inland Northwest if you belong to any of the categories listed below:
Washington and North Idaho residents: If you live, work, worship, or go to school in the state of Washington or in the North Idaho counties of Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, Latah, or Shoshone.
Family and relatives: If you are related by blood, marriage, or adoption to an STCU member who lives, works, worships, or goes to school in the state of Washington or in the North Idaho counties of Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, Latah, or Shoshone.
Students: If you are a student under the age of 18 or a student attending a college or university in the state of Washington or in any of the North Idaho counties of Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, Latah, or Shoshone.
Community Business Partners: If your employer is affiliated with STCU as a Community Business Partner.
- Stop by the nearest STCU branch location or join us online if you are 18 years of age or older.
- Call us at (509) 326-1954 in Washington; (208) 619-4000 in Idaho; or toll free at (800) 858-3750.
- Or with an STCU member service representative during weekday business hours.